Program and Curriculum
At Chicago Friends School, our goal is to help each student develop the academic skills and strong character needed to live purposeful lives. We do this through:
- Instruction that is individualized, challenging, and growth-oriented.
- Classroom and school culture that creates community, values individual choice and responsibility, teaches a growth mindset, and engages students in and conscious peacemaking.
- Curriculum that aligns to national standards and benchmarks, engages students in interdisciplinary and cross-classroom study, and goes beyond academics to develop the whole person.
- Engaged learning that connects students with the community and the world.
- An annual instructional theme that provides a common thread for instruction throughout the year, as well as inspiration for service projects and field trips.